Welcome to YARDO! We produce Mental Wealth Programmes for adults and young people. Our courses are evidence-based, professionally delivered and free of charge for schools and grassroots community organisations.
We offer a variety of therapeutically-informed programmes, based on the latest research from mindfulness and counselling practice, and delivered on an individual or group basis.
Our group programmes can be customised to suit your specific needs. We also focus our activity on a hyper-local area to help foster local connections which maximise the wellbeing impact.
We have been piloting our programmes in South Acton since lockdown according to social-solidarity economic principles; raising the funds required to be genuinely affordable via fundraising, sponsorship and commissions.
We have an extensive network of accredited counsellors and facilitators, including our board members, who share a vision for whole-community wellbeing based on togetherness.
We are now preparing to offer our model to other neighbourhoods and seeking our first OASIS - a healing space where community members can participate in our programmes in optimal conditions.
- Walpole Park, Ealing26 Jul, 11:00 – 17:00Walpole Park, Ealing
- Acton Gardens Community Centre .22 Feb, 10:30 – 12:30Acton Gardens Community Centre ., (behind Sainsburys), Bollo Bridge Rd, London W3 8UU.22 Feb, 10:30 – 12:30Acton Gardens Community Centre ., (behind Sainsburys), Bollo Bridge Rd, London W3 8UU.Increase your self-confidence, self-awareness, communication skills & positive mental health with this therapeutically-informed 8-week experiential training for women. Facilitated by Psychotherapist, Samia Nelson Every Wednesday, 10.30am - 12.30pm
- Online10 Oct 2022, 10:00 – 13:00Online10 Oct 2022, 10:00 – 13:00OnlineA three hour, online, work session to support writing with focus and dedication. This is not a workshop, rather a silent workspace curated for uninterrupted working amongst peers; harnessing the accountability of the group. Each session begins with a brief guided meditation to facilitate deep att
- Multiple DatesZoom27 Jun 2022, 08:30 – 9:15Zoom27 Jun 2022, 08:30 – 9:15ZoomCome together with fellow practitioners to hone your skills in attention, attunement and listening beneath the surface of your own and your client's experiences. An opportunity to nourish your relational capacity with mindfulness & compassion practices led by Peter. Registered therapists only.
- Online - six Mondays evenings06 Jun 2022, 19:00 – 18 Jul 2022, 21:00Online - six Mondays evenings06 Jun 2022, 19:00 – 18 Jul 2022, 21:00Online - six Mondays eveningsA supportive and friendly six-week training with Breathworks Instructor, Vibha Donne. You will learn foundational skills of mindfulness and meditation, and how to apply them in your life to reduce the impact of stress and chronic illness. Costs £275 elsewhere but free to SACC & Acton residents.
- MINDFULNESS TEACHER TRAINING, 8-week online course with Pauline Gibb (pictured), Bridgette O'Neil & Sud Ubayasiri8-week Mindfulness Teacher Training02 Feb 2022, 09:00 – 23 Mar 2022, 05:008-week Mindfulness Teacher Training02 Feb 2022, 09:00 – 23 Mar 2022, 05:008-week Mindfulness Teacher TrainingAn eight-week Level 1 Teacher Training Course, open to all but particularly aimed at People of Colour. Delivered by trainers from Mindfulness Network & Bangor University, you'll learn to teach the curriculum of Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT).
- Multiple DatesSunday Evening Mindfulness with Vibha Donne05 Dec 2021, 20:00 – 20:30Sunday Evening Mindfulness with Vibha Donne05 Dec 2021, 20:00 – 20:30Sunday Evening Mindfulness with Vibha DonneTreat yourself to a restful, restorative end to your busy week by joining Vibha's half hour, evening meditation. Every Sunday, 8pm - 8.30pm online. Apply once for the zoom link, then look forward to enjoyable, weekly wind-downs with Vibha and other Yardo participants and friends.
- Online - eight Sunday evenings31 Oct 2021, 19:30 – 19 Dec 2021, 21:30Online - eight Sunday evenings
- MINDFULNESS TEACHER TRAINING (Level 1) - Info session for people from Black, African, Asian or Caribbean heritageMindfulness Teacher Training - Info Session14 Sept 2021, 18:00 – 19:00Mindfulness Teacher Training - Info Session14 Sept 2021, 18:00 – 19:00Mindfulness Teacher Training - Info SessionA FREE Information session about Mindfulness Network's eight day, online teacher training (TTC1) which runs on Wednesdays from 2nd Feb - 23rd March 2022. This is a chance to hear from the teachers Pauline, Sud & Bridgette and to ask questions about the course content or bursaries.
- Location is TBD12 Sept 2021, 15:00 – 15:40 BSTLocation is TBD12 Sept 2021, 15:00 – 15:40 BSTLocation is TBDDong Sticks is a joyful, body-mind practice from Tai Chi. The 16 Mindful Motions, supported by a bamboo cane, promote agility, joint strength & flexibility, reduced stress & increased mental clarity and stability. Donate £3-£5 on the day or register in advance for free spot. Bamboo suppled.
- Zoom09 Mar 2021, 10:00 – 27 Apr 2021, 12:00Zoom
The Solidarity Economy
YARDO's programmes are cross-subsidised. This means you pay what you can afford for our courses. Your fee is supported by income from donors, funders and sponsors who share our vision of accessible wellbeing for all.
Mindfulness & Self Compassion
“At first, I felt a little anxious, I did not know what to expect. Life experience was a little difficult for me and with the overwhelming affect of Covid19, I felt completely lost.
The retreat was a very positive experience that left me totally refreshed and at peace with myself.
Dong Sticks - Mindful Movement
It is hard to describe but when you get into the flow of it is brilliant. I loved being in nature, the feeling of stretch and centredness that I got at the end. I would absolutely come back.
ACDA Skills Training
United Anglo-Caribean Society
Greene & Co. Charity
Berrymead Junior School
The UBELE Initiative
Get In Touch
Use this form
- to be added to our mailing list
- to send us your queries
- to discuss collaboration
- to commission a programme.